Évaluation des pénuries de main-d’oeuvre dans la ville de Thunder Bay
27 mars 2020
The North Superior Workforce Planning Board, your Local Employment Planning Council, partnered with the Northern Policy Institute on a research study to provide insight into current and potential future labour market shortages in Thunder Bay.
In the briefing note of Assessing Labour Market Shortages in the City of Thunder Bay, multiple positions were identified as occupations that may be experiencing high current shortages and/or high future demand. Here are some key findings for the Thunder Bay Census Metropolitan Area:
- Optometrists, chiropractors, and other health diagnosing and treating professionals.
- Physicians, dentists, pharmacists, and dieticians.
- Plumbers, pipefitters, and gas fitters.
- Managers in finance and business, retail and wholesale trade, construction, corporate sales, transportation, and customer services.
- Computer and information systems professionals.
Analysis also reveals that there are several occupations that are unique to this region compared to the province when looking at current shortages. Two examples are underground miners, oil and gas drillers, and related occupations, and then auditors, accountants, and investment professionals.
You can read the full report here