Connector Program Coordinator
Closing: January 29th 11:59pm
Term of Employment: Date of Hire to December 31, 2022
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Connector Program Coordinator is responsible for administering the Connector Program in the Thunder Bay District. For information on the program visit https://connectorprogram.ca/
This job posting closes on January 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM E.S.T
- Administer the local Connector Program under the leadership of the Executive Director;
- Ensure that all inquiries receive prompt, inviting, professional, and informative responses;
- Meet with candidates, review candidate profiles, determine candidate educational and career goals, ensure candidates are job ready, provide labour market information to candidates, select participants and match to the first Connector;
- Build rapport with Thunder Bay District employers and with university and college liaisons. Begin to develop a database of employment and training referrals;
- Network and build relationships that will provide opportunities to increase Connector and Connectee participation;
- Manage assigned resources to ensure activities are completed on time and within budget;
- Manage the database and ensure accuracy, integrity, and timely entry of data;
- Measure and report impact, efficiencies, effectiveness, and recommendations for program adjustments;
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to Funders, partners the North Superior Workforce Planning Board;
- Coordinate any events pertaining or related to the Connector Program;
- Provide excellent customer service that meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients;
- Manage social media account; engage partners, promote program, and respond to comments, inquiries, and questions;
- Work independently, exercising good judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills throughout the completion of all job responsibilities;
- Promote effectively the North Superior Workforce Planning Board’s mission and vision within the workplace, client base, and broader community;
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a social science or related discipline, or in business administration;
- Strong preference will be given to bilingual candidates (English & French);
- Several years of experience with project coordination, preferably in the not-for-profit sector;
- Effective customer service, recruitment, and/or community outreach experience;
- Strong computer skills and advanced-level working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Experience in using Content Management Systems and Customer Relationship Management Systems;
- Experience in event planning/coordination an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent writing skills.
- Honest, trustworthy, and highly ethical;
- Able to share due credit with co-workers and promote a collaborative group working environment;
- Genuinely interested in making a difference in our region.
We thank and appreciate all applicants interested in the position. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.